Lemon Supreme Pound Cake
I love to bake, but sometimes I don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. So when I found this recipe on the Duncan Hines website, I immediately pinned it to my “Sweets and Treats” pinterest board in the hopes that I would remember to try it one day. Well, that day is today! With only a few ingredients, it was super easy and took less than 5 minutes to mix it together and get it into the oven to bake. I think it would be great for a Mother’s Day treat, either served alone or dressed up a bit with some fresh Strawberries and/or vanilla ice cream.
Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Pound Cake
1 Pkg Lemon Cake Mix
1 Pkg instant lemon pudding mix (4 serving size)
1/2 Cup Oil
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2T. Lemon Juice (or 2 T. Milk if you prefer a non-lemony glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
3. Blend all the cake ingredients together in a large bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Bake in your prepared pan for 45-55 minutes, until the center springs back when touched lightly. (Mine was definitely done in 45 minutes).
5. Cool right side up in the pan for about 25 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate.
6. Make the glaze by blending the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
7. Poke holes on the top of the cake with a fork, then drizzle the glaze over the cake.